Friday, October 28, 2011

Epilogue - The Summary of Lumpiness


Being a fairly private person, I rarely tell people I’ve had 11* breast lumps, but lately I’ve found the more I open up the more similar stories I hear in return.

More often than not a girlfriend will casually admit, “Oh, yeah, I found a lump, should I get it checked out?” or “My sister/aunt/mother had one”.

That is why I wrote this blog: for my friends and family. And their friends. And, truth be told, a little for me too. For anyone who is not necessarily dealing with cancer, but is still scared of the unknown lump they just found in their body.

And if you ever do find a lump ---> make an appointment with your doctor. No dallying. No dancing or skirting around the issue. Don’t post on a online forum to ask ‘Can someone describe what cancer feels like?’ or do an internet search to try and self-diagnose. 

Just make the appointment and go.

---
This blog is done! Thank you so much for reading. If you have enjoyed, please forward and recommend to others. 


A special thank you to Kelly Turnbull (http://tsalmaveth.deviantart.com) for editing. I really, really appreciate all your work, Kel. Hugs.

*Updated 2015

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a fellow MNINB platform challenger. I can see you have not posted for awhile, but I have found your last blog entry very interesting. It is hard to share something like this, I know, I've had 2. I've decided to nominate your blog for the Liebster Blog award. You can get the details at my latest blog post at www.dicksonimages.com.

    I hope you decide to start posting again.

    Sincerely,
    Mary Lou Dickson
    http://dicksonimages.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Lou,

      Thank you so much for the comment, and the nomination! Tres sweet of you. :) So we're MNINB and lump buddies?

      This blog is "finished" for now (unless I develop a slew of more interesting lumps) (lumps travel in slews, right?).

      Thank you again for your kind words.

      Delete