Friday, October 21, 2011

Post 13 - Two to Tango


Pets are great, snuggly company, but beware of head-butts and/or accidental stepping on your chest. My cat likes to sit on me whenever I am feeling under the weather, and sometimes it actually helps. Like with cramps (furry heating pad). Or restless leg (furry, weighted heating pad).  

Not so much for fresh incisions. 

For the first week, showers will be exhausting. (At least they always are for me.) Your body is healing, seriously healing, so you won’t have a lot of extra energy. You will be sore and tired after all that leaning, bending, and reaching with your arms. 

Be prepared to sleep on your back for a while. Once you are feeling up to it, I suggest hugging a pillow to your chest (added support) in order to roll/sleep on your opposite side. 

Speaking of feeling up to it – bedroom activities between you and your significant other might be put on hold for a little while. Even if you muster the energy, there are other hazards.

Two weeks after my second surgery, my husband and I decided to fool around. We started off carefully enough, but, as it often happens, limbs got tangled, and before you could say ‘breast awareness’ he had accidentally punched me in the boob. 

Not very hard, and obviously not on purpose, but the sudden jolt did pop a stitch. 

Nothing horrific (I didn’t even bleed), but the scar is a teensy bit wider at one end than the other. (Worth it.)

--
Next Post 10/28: Opening Up (Last One!)

--
Question: Not this week! Just hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment